While Sephora is not my go-to for skincare, there are a few things you should know about! We’ll dive more into the skincare I love and get nerdy with the science soon (or you can revisit the very old skincare highlight on my insta – I use many of the same products and all of the same reasoning to this day). But there are a few skin-ish products that I love and always replenish during the Sephora sale.
- Sugarcane Squalane Oil: This is a holy grail, if-I-was-stuck-on-a-desert-island, product. I use a couple of drops (a little goes a long way) on top of my moisturizer to lock it in. It smooths and gives me that other-worldly-glow we can’t get enough of. And it has never done anything but soothe my sensitive skin. One bottle lasts me about 9 months.
- Rosebud salve: I love to slather this on at night to keep my lips soft. It’s also wonderful on any dry spots or cuts. We love a multifaceted product. And it is just as effective as other lip masks but with cleaner ingredients and a much better price.
- Rose & Squalene oil infused serum: This is a miracle serum that saves my very sensitive skin when it gets irritated. I simply use a few drops of this every couple of hours and do not touch any of my other products until my skin calms down. It leaves is fresh, baby soft, clear, and calm. During the winter or when I’m in a dry climate, I use this under my moisturizer for an extra moisture surge. It’s not cheap, but the bottle lasts for a long time.
- Tanning Drops in Medium/Dark: I’ve found that a little color on my face balances my redness which in turn helps me feel more comfortable with a sheer tinted SPF instead of foundation. It’s a domino effect that has led to clearer skin and smoother texture. It’s no secret that the sun is not our skin’s friend, so this is my cheat code for the color I love with none of the damage. I use 2-3 drops every few days in my moisturizer and have no issues with it transferring, streaking, or looking anything but glowy and fresh.
- Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant: I received a trial size of this last year and could not believe the overnight difference it made in my skin, especially with texture. It also is another one of those products where you only need to use a couple of drops every few days to reap the benefits. I exfoliate my skin in the evenings every three days using this. It’s as simple as patting a few drops directly onto freshly washed skin, and following it with moisturizer and squalane oil to lock it all in). It does not irritate my sensitive skin and improves the textures overnight. Even the trial size will last you a couple of months (and for under $15, it’s well worth it)!
If you have questions about application or products, ask me in the comments!