June 7, 2023
- 5 Stars: this book is now a part of my personality. I will gift it to everyone I know. If it is not already on my bookshelf, I will buy it, reread it, and be jealous of everyone who gets to read it for the first time.
- 4 Stars: this book was great. It’s probably already on my bookshelf and something I am glad I read. I’ll think about it for a long time and it is well worth the read.
- 3 Stars: this book was good. I finished it but there were a few things that I wish were different. I likely won’t read it again but am happy that I did.
- 2 Stars: Why do people like this book? I slogged through it because I was sure it would get better (after all, there are so many people who like it), but in the end, it was not for me.
- 1 Star: I wish I did not read this book. It was a waste of my time and I am annoyed that I read it instead of the thousands of other really excellent books. (I usually don’t even get to this point and it becomes a DNF)
- DNF: Did not finish. I attempted (usually reading at least 20% of the book) and never got into it.